You Won't Believe What's Happened Since Friday...
Mon, February 1, 2016
Illustrative picture. (Photo: © Reuters)
Since Friday a string of attacks and other outrages has taken place around the world. The following list isn’t even everything that has taken place since Friday, but it’s a snapshot of the daily crimes wrought by Islamist extremism.
- At least 86 people were killed in Nigeria by Boko Haram. A survivor hidden in a tree told reporters he heard the screams of children burning to death.
- At least 71 people were killed in Syria in a bombing by the Islamic State at a Shiite shrine south of Damascus.
- The Islamic State kidnapped 30 children from school in Mosul and is thought to have forcibly drafted them into its army.
- News broke that a Jewish volunteer at a refugee center was spat on and insulted when she identified herself as Jewish.
- A Stockholm, Sweden man was sentenced to life imprisonment for stabbing his wife 66 times and cutting off her nose and lip in an alleged honor killing.
- News broke that the European Commission has denied any link between the Cologne, Germany attacks and the recent influx of migrants.
- Religious scholars in Afghanistan have issued a fatwa against peace negotiations.
- A Somali migrant in the UK has been sentenced to nine years in prison for joining al-Shabaab.
More and more outrages like the ones listed here are perpetrated every day in the name of Islamist extremism.